Facts about Solar
What is Solar Thermal Energy and How Does it Work?
1. Solar thermal technologies use the sun’s heat energy to heat substances (such as water or air) for applications such as space heating, pool heating and water heating for homes and businesses.
2. Solar thermal collectors can be mounted on the roof of a building or in another location that has exposure to the sun.
3. Solar energy provides “power security”, enabling you to continue getting power even when utility power is disrupted.
4. Businesses can save 40% – 80% on electric or fuel bills by replacing their conventional water heater with a solar water heating system.
5. Water heating accounts for approximately 25% of the total energy used in a typical single-family home. An electric water heater is the single biggest energy user of all appliances in the home.
6. Home solar heating can lead to savings of 85% on utility bills over the costs of electric water heating.
7. Using solar energy is free and it is an environmentally friendly source of power.
8. Enerworks Solar Energy Systems can work in northern climates, at high altitudes, in the wind and in the winter.
9. Solar energy can be integrated with existing energy methods, such as wood stove and demand boiler, to produce 100% of the required thermal loads.
10. Enerworks Solar Energy Systems convert the available light, rather than the outside temperature, to heat. This means the systems are not affected by temperature conditions.
11. Solar water heaters do not pollute. By investing in one, you will be avoiding carbon dioxide, nitrogen oxides, sulphur dioxide, and the other air pollution and wastes created when your utility generates power or you burn fuel to heat your household water. When a solar water heater replaces an electric water heater, the electricity displaced over 20 years represents more than 50 tons of avoided carbon dioxide emissions alone.
12. A domestic Enerworks system annually prevents the equivalent pollution of one car!
13. When looked at as a return on investment, a quality Enerworks solar system is actually a far better investment than most pension plans. The return on investment on a Enerworks system is generally over 5% and it can be as high as 14%. As utility prices rise the return on investment will rise, increasing the original value. More importantly, you own the system, therefore it can never be a bad investment! You can even take it with you if you move!
14. Enerworks Evacuated Solar Tubes are different from any other. A tube will not boil, freeze or corrode. It is lightweight, attractive, maintenance free and pays for itself. It performs well in all weather, operates automatically, has overheating protection built in and is totally safe. This provides a diode function and the important safety protection against overheating. This is unique to Enerworks.