How Safe is the Enerworks System?
It is totally safe.
* Each collector tube self-limits at a factory pre-set temperature, so there is no risk of overheating.
* The collectors continue to operate efficiently at temperatures far below freezing.
* The only materials in contact with potable water is copper, are non-toxic and designed to be used with water.
* Enerworks collectors have been proven to withstand hailstorms as well as high winds.
What Can a Enerworks System Be Used For?
Enerworks systems have been chosen for a wide variety of domestic and commercial applications. These installations range from domestic hot water systems, space heating, pools, spas, and hot tubs to commercial solar heating and air conditioning systems in airport terminals, hospitals, laundromats, car washes and hotels.
Could a Enerworks System Heat My House?
Yes it could. There are a number of important factors to consider.
* The area you live in – areas with good winter radiation are excellent, even in cold weather.
* How the house is heated – radiant floor heating systems are best, as they operate at low temperatures.
* House design – open plan or high ceiling homes are excellent for radiant heating.
* A full backup system should always be provided. This can be a conventional boiler, however, lately we have had demand for linking to wood stoves or external wood boilers. This is very practical – especially for those who wish to substantially reduce their bills – or even move “off grid”.
* We recommend that house heating be combined with a summer applications, e.g. a pool or spa
What About Installation?
Enerworks Collectors are light and modular and can usually be installed in one day by a qualified professional. They are supplied with a marine grade stainless steel frame and, being lightweight, they will attach easily to your existing structure. The solar tubes allow air to circulate around them and will not trap moisture or debris. Methods of getting the heat into the water are as follows.
* In areas prone to freezing: The collector is connected to a heat exchanger, usually in the hot water tank, and a non-toxic propylene glycol antifreeze is used to transfer the heat down. This system is excellent for multiple applications and is very versatile.
* Warm non-freezing climates: In these areas a direct connection can be made to a tank, even an existing on using a special fitting, simplifying installation and lowering costs.
What About Maintenance?
No collector maintenance is required. The glass tubes are round and perfectly smooth; any dirt or dust is carried away by the wind and rain. There are no moving parts to wear out. All components are made from high-grade stainless steel, copper or non-corrosive materials.
Will A Enerworks Collector Suit My Needs?
Enerworks has a network of qualified dealers around North America able to advise you. We provide technical support and can advise on most situations.