Grundfos VFS 2-40 combines flow- and temperature sensors (two-in-one) based on the principle of vortex shedding behind a bluff body. The VFS 2-40 sensor is designed for high-volume production and is fully compatible with wet, aggressive media. The VFS 2-40 sensor utilizes MEMS sensing technology in combination with a novel packaging concept using corrosion-resistant coating on the MEMS sensor element. This makes the VFS 2-40 sensor very robust and ideal for many different applications.
Please note: Grundfos, the manufacturer, does not include the cable in this kit.
- thermal management in solar heating systems
- industrial process flow control
- flow rate detection for pump controls
- monitoring of pumps, valves and filters
- cooling and temperature control
- domestic hot-water systems
- heat metering (solar - heat pumps)
- flow ranges: 2-40 l/min (0.5 to 10 gpm)
- Temperature Range: 0 to 100°C (32 to 212°F)
- based on vortex shedding
- voltage output (ratiometric, ideal for use with microprocessor and PLC)
- compact and robust design
- approved for potable water: WRAS, KTW, W270, ACS.
- no moving parts
- flow and temperature sensor in one package (two in-one sensor)
- fast temperature response (direct media contact)
- compatible with wet, aggressive media
- cost-effective and robust construction