Grundfos Direct Sensors, type VFS, is a series of combined flow and temperature sensors (two-in-one) based on the principle of vortex shedding behind a bluff body. The VFS sensors are designed for high-volume production and are fully compatible with wet, aggressive media. The VFS sensor with MEMS sensing technology in combination with a novel packaging concept using corrosion-resistant coating on the MEMS sensor element. This makes the VFS sensor very robust and ideal for many different applications.
|Model||Part #|| Flow range || Flow range || Temperature range || Temperature range |
| VFS 5-100 || 98463920 || 5-100 l/min || 1.3 - 26.4 gpm ||0 - 100 °C||32 - 212 °F|
| || |
Included in the package:
VFS 5-100 (98463920)
- 1 sensing element
- Plastic sensor housing
- 3/4" Brass MIP fittings (2 nuts and 2 nipples)
- 1 Clip
- thermal management in solar heating systems
- industrial process flow control
- flow rate detection for pump controls
- monitoring of pumps, valves, and filters
- cooling and temperature control
- domestic hot-water systems
- heat metering (solar - heat pumps).
- based on vortex shedding
- voltage output (ratiometric, ideal for use with microprocessor and PLC)
- compact and robust design
- approved for potable water: WRAS, KTW, W270, ACS.